Sunday, September 19, 2004
Loon of the Week Revisited
OK... so a few weeks back I posted on a particularly brazen young Destiny Church follower who had been commenting a great deal over on DPFs blog..
A comment on that entry has kinda sparked my interest again... turns out our Destiny supporter is a Health Promoter (whatever that is) @ the Taranaki DHB. Anyway, interest rekindled, I thought I'd whiz through and see what proportion of posts looked like they were done on employers (read Taxpayer of NZ and thus me) time.
Let's be generous and assume a 12am to 1:30pm lunch window....
- Thursday 19th August, 12:13pm - Covered by our lunch window
- Friday 20th August 12:02pm - So far so good
- Friday 20th August 3:50pm - OK... Friday afternoon... was it Beer O'Clock maybe? Do 'health promoters' do Beer O'Clock?
- Firday 20th August 3:56pm - As above... now at this stage I'm worried I'll make a fool of myself because tommorow is a weekend!
- But it's OK... because we get radio silence until... she's back @ work on Tuesday the 24th @ 3:02pm - Now please tell me it's not Beer O'Clock on Tuesdays.
- Wednesday August 25th @ 9:06am... doing morning 'emails'?
- Wednesday August 25th @ 10:03am... still doing morning emails?
- Wednesday August 25th @ 10:04am... sure is a lot of emails?
- Wednesday August 25th @ 10:08am... can you say Acceptable Use Policy?
- Thursday 26th August @ 4:32pm... again... close enough to end of play to be a gimme.
- Friday 27th August @ 08:46am... without seeing the IP logs you've got to let this one slip for the possiblity of it being written @ home. Do civil service types get to work before 9am?
- Friday 27th @ 10:02am.... this one was a WHOPPER... must have been a good 20 minutes worth. Lurker even comments - I'm guessing naki-girl doesn't hold down a full-time job at the moment... I'm guessing naki-girl doesn't hold down a full-time job at the moment... ... dunno- are 'Health Promoters' full time?
- Friday August 27th @ 10:36am.... another biggie
- Friday August 27th @ 10:58am.... I ain't seeing much health promoting going down....
- Friday August 27th @ 11:35am... TGIF!
- Friday August 27th @ 11:49am... could call it a tithe @ this rate
- Friday August 27th @ 11:52am... thats 1 and 1/2 hours by my count.
- Friday August 27th @ 12:01pm... LUNCH TIME
- Friday August 27th @ 12:06 pm... still lunch...
- Friday August 27th @ 12:18 pm... and still lunch...
- Friday August 27th @ 12:36 pm... and still lunch... but then wasn't 10:30 till midday lunch today...
- Friday August 27th @ 12:54 pm ... still within our lunch window
- Friday August 27th @ 01:17pm ... Just as well we allowed for a long 'merchant bankers' lunch
- Friday August 27th @ 01:24pm ... lunch is almost over
- Friday August 27 @ 02:32pm ... and now lunch is indeed over.
- Friday August 27th @ 03:01pm... another monster post this afternoon.
- Friday August 27th @ 03:09pm ... almost Beer O'Clock.... surely
- Friday August 27th @ 03:17pm ... it's been a long day at the coal face really hasn't it.... driving Gods Chariot...
... and that's all folks... so let's summarise.
28 posts. 9 within our lunch window, 1 that we suspect as being an early morning not @ work post. So that leaves 18 posts on work time... many of them pretty substantial. Seems god promotion won over health promotion this week.
Politics | Sacrilegion|Sunday, September 19, 2004 9:40:36 AM UTC||
Friday, September 17, 2004
Wednesday, September 15, 2004
Tuesday, September 14, 2004
Robert Levy Is Insane!
Ok... so Rob has re-ignited the flame @ http://robertlevy.net/ and the first post back he talks about his car... and his insurance... the man is insane... let me quote a little.
Getting screwed on car insurance. Now that I actually have my own car I gotta start paying insurance and boy does that suck. Right now I'm paying over 250/month...
This is just mad...US$250 a month == NZ$384 a month... To put that in perspective, that is NZ$4 more than I pay to insure my Subaru GT Legacy Twin Turbo 206kw Extremely Nickable For Ram Raiding 'Space Rocket With Wheels'....
And more importantly that's NZ$380 per year, not per month.
Eee youch!.... Should I ever take the red pill I'll sure as hell be joining Ericgu @ the LBS and buying myself a shiny new bike... can't believe Eric doesn't like the color scheme on the Litespeed..... Titanium is like... so sexy!
Rambles|Tuesday, September 14, 2004 11:03:45 AM UTC||
Chapman Tripp Tech Law Update
...wow! I was Googling my own name (to find a recent photo of myself) and found that I had been quoted in the Chapman Tripp Tech Law newsletter. This is actually kinda cool as Chapman Tripp were the only law firm I applied to after finishing law school. I think they were keen to have me but it was still going to be a HUGE drop in earning from being an IT guy...
Kognition|Tuesday, September 14, 2004 5:35:44 AM UTC||
Thursday, September 09, 2004
The run on self congratulation
Sorry to all of those RSS subscribers out there.... the recent run on self congratulatory blog posts is becuase I've decided to make the news page on our new look company web site simply a tap off a category on my blog. That way it is harder for me to neglect the all important comapny news... like I have done in the past.
So. Going forward you will get the odd PRish post coming out of this blog too..... should make a nice change from some of the other ranting I do.
Rambles|Thursday, September 09, 2004 10:37:42 PM UTC||
Thursday, September 02, 2004
Tuesday, August 31, 2004
The M82 is a beast of a gun. It fires the same rounds as the .50 cal machine guns that we use. It's heavy and extremely loud. You'll see what I mean in the movie below - it literally causes a shockwave that shakes the ground enough to raise a big cloud of dust for like a 4 or 5 foot radius around the gun. I've used the rifle a lot in computer games like Ghost Recon, so I was eager to see how it handled in real life. It's got quite a bit of kick, and of course the games don't do the noise or shock of firing it any justice whatsoever. I'm sure firing it from anything but prone and braced position would knock me on my butt.
Army Steve gets to play with some cool war toys.
Human Aggregation|Tuesday, August 31, 2004 9:26:36 PM UTC||
Monday, August 30, 2004
Loon of the week.....
OK... so I should have better things to do with my Monday night than read bloody comments on DPFs blog... but... well.... you know.
So anyway... Loony Tune Bigot of the week for me is 'naki-gurl'... with such gems as...
If you got to the Destiny NZ (the political party) website www.destinynz.org.nz there you will see all there awesome policies on how they plan to put a halt to awful things such as abortion, rape, sex before marriage. Even stuff on the treaty, education, health, law enforcement.
Being a Naki Boy of sorts I was curious...
Now the funny thing is that we can find out a bit more about naki-gurl because, although she posted under a pseudonym, she used a variety of extremely non anonymous email addresses.
Now I can hardly start ranting as I NEVER really post anon. But then I'm my own boss so the buck stops with me... But I digress. Let's take a look at Naki Gurl for a bit.
Let's go through some of the email addresses.
Started with a pearler.... nothing like posting with your Govt. employer provided address... hope she wasn't posting on Govt. (read my F%^*&%^ tax dollars) time!
By about the 3rd post she had wised up... Wouldn't you know it, she went to Waikato University. Not an institution renowned for it's academic qualities and the literacy of this graduate (one can but assume graduation in this era of bums on seats) is case in point.
We get a whole heap of posts under the Waikato Uni address until we finally a more anonymous address. This time an address from a leading online community and content site for teenage girls
... founded in 1996 at the Interactive Telecommunications Program at New York University and is now published by iVillage Inc... NYU!?! Hardly a bastion of conservative thought is it? Don't know how up with womens lib Destiny Church is... maybe it's me that's out of touch but I don't think Pastor Tamaki is super keen on feminists and their ilk.
She soon dropped back to using the Waikato address.
Lurker posited that this was her http://www.findsomeone.co.nz/chat-rooms/personal-ads-41577.htm but a quick check of ethnicity kinda rules that out.
OK.. so time for a bit more digging... public sources only of course :-( Though I could be tempted for a little subterfuge.... more to follow.
Sacrilegion|Monday, August 30, 2004 9:58:43 AM UTC||